Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TWD: Fresh Ginger and Chocolate Gingerbread


YUMMY!

Love ginger.  Loooove chocolate.  Loooooooooove the combo.


Mine came out a bit dry, but the bits of chocolate gave it a nice texture of fudgy-ness here and there.  It was a HUGE success at the office.

Contrary to Dorie's footnote, I used an 8x8 pan and the entire batter filled up less than two-thirds of the pan.  


Thank you to Heather of Sherry Trifle for this week's selection.

(I apologize for the short and curt entry this week.  I'm falling apart at the seams due to the stress caused by the mountain of work waiting for me.  It's glaring at me even as I type this. I'll be more eloquent next week...well, maybe not eloquent, but I promise I'll be more wordy.)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

You did a great job and try not to let all of that work stress you out. (Easier said than done, I'm sure!) The cake looks great, especially with all of that frosting on there! I loved it, too.

Jules Someone said...

Ooooh. That is a yummy looking cake.