Tuesday, June 9, 2009

TWD: Parisian Apple Tartlet


Very quick.  Very simple.

So quick and simple, that I question if it can even be called a "recipe."


As for the taste, I found it rather bland.  That's saying something because if it has apples in it, I am bound to love it. 


I think next time I will brush the apples and the edges of the puff pastry with an apricot glaze.  It might also help to cut the apple half into slices (while keeping the round shape) rather than into 4 big chunks.

Next week, honey peach ice cream...can't wait!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you found it bland - it looks terrific even if the flavor didn't come through like you'd hoped. I was thinking maybe cinnamon and raisins next time.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tracey - your Parisian Apple Tartlet looks fantastic! I sliced my apple like you mentioned but my tartlet didn't actually come out as nicely as yours plus it could have used more time in the oven... I do like the idea of slicing vs quarters though.

Creative Classroom Core said...

These turned out just beautifully!

Jayne said...

Yours looks gorgeous! I found, with mine, that the ones I thought were the "loser" ones - where I couldn't manage to cut nice chunks of apple and just had to play around with the thinner bits - those turned out to taste the best - maybe because the proportion of sugar/butter to apple was different than with the big chunks? I don't know. My son liked his best with chocolate syrup on it.