Tuesday, April 28, 2009

TWD: Chocolate Cream Tart


Oh, wow. The chocolate custard is very addictive. The bowl, the whisk and anything else I used to make it was licked cleeeaaan. I kept sneaking a taste of it here and there - I started to worry I wouldn't have enough left to the fill the tart shell!

Since I was taking it to the office, I filled the tart shell with the custard the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight (I put the whipped cream topping the next morning). I think this caused the slightly chewy texture of the bottom crust, which I liked very much. Yes, indeed. Yum.

I think I might try adding some coffee to the custard next time. Or use the crust for the Banana Cream Pie we baked few weeks ago. Hmm. Endless possibilities.

Looks a bit naked...I forgot the chocolate shavings. Didn't miss it though.

Kim of Scrumptious Photography, you sure picked a winner! My tastebuds send their heartfelt thanks. ;-)

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Oooo or Amaretto yummm

I absolutely was in love with this tart too! So creamy and delish. Even better after a day in the fridge MMMMMMMMM

chocolatechic said...

I added some hazelnut coffee creamer to mine.

It was perfection.

Teanna said...

Mmmm chocolate crust with a banana cream pie sounds amazing! Great job on your tart!

Leslie said...

This looks yummy! I hope your coworkers appreciated and enjoyed it!

TeaLady said...

Looks just right. Chocolate crust with banana cream pie. Yummy!

Pamela said...

I skipped the chocolate shavings, too. It was a very tasty tart!

kimberly salem said...

So glad you liked my pick! :) I was totally licking the bowl too!! Adding coffee flavor sounds really good, hope you get to try it next time:)

Kayte said...

I imagine you were a very popular person at your office when you showed up with this! It looks lovely.

Unknown said...

Your coworkers must have loved you for this! Looks great. And chocolate and bananas? A perfect combination!

olesiakaradaga said...

If you are looking for elite hearing services that prioritize quality, this company is the one for you. Their commitment to excellence, dedication to quality materials, and compassionate approach to hearing care make them the center of optimal hearing in the Greater New York City area. https://nychearing.com/