Friday, October 3, 2008

Operation Baking GALS: Round 3


This week was Round 3 of
Operation Baking GALS.  I was part of Team Baking for Our Troops which was hosted by Lyndsay (who deserves a BIG thank you).  I must have deliberated over what kinds of cookies to make for about 2 weeks.  I finally decide to make...

Ginger Molasses


Peanut Butter


Chocolate Walnut


The Chocolate Walnut is actually Chocolate Chip but ended up being more like Chocolate Dust cookies which didn't sound very appetizing.  Somehow I pulverized the chocolate when chopping the chocolate.  I don't know how that happened.  Things like this happen to me when I bake.  Anyway, when the cookies  came out of the oven, they did not look like chocolate chip anything. Faaaaar from it.  So, I renamed it Chocolate Walnut.  Chocolate Chip or Dust, I hope the cookies make my team's soldier smile.  I hope he gets great enjoyment from them.

The recipes for these cookies can be found in Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home To Yours

2 comments:

Jacque said...

I'm sure they will be very much appreciated. The Chocolate Walnut cookies look really good too.

Prudy said...

I think those chocolate walnut look delicious and very intriguing. My brother used to make a chocolate chip cookie with finely grated chocolate in addition to the chips. What a wonderful cause you are baking for.